A Safe Place for Broken Hearts (#882)
You will never do anything more personally rewarding in your life than to be a safe place for someone in pain to land. Sara pinch hits for Kyle this week as he was traveling, and that allows Wayne and Sara to continue their story through trauma since their return to California. What does their life look like now, and how has the healing progressed? They talk about Sara's ongoing process of healing and what has been most helpful for her in dealing with her trauma, and what proved to be hurtful, even if well-intentioned. Their conversation will help you learn how to be a safe place for people in pain to recover and heal.
- Sorry, there was no video this week.
- Redeeming Love Podcasts that tell Wayne and Sara's story from last year.
- Recommended books for understanding trauma: The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D. and Try Softer by Aundi Kolber
- Email Wayne if you're interested in joining him and Sara on a trip to Israel in Winter 2024
- Picked Cherries - a new way to share podcasts.
- The next session of the Jake Colsen Book Club will be held Saturday, February 18, at 11:00 am PST. You'll have to work that out in your own time zone. We will explore Chapter 9: A Box by Any Other Name as we talk about humanity’s relentless attempts to put the living, breathing bride of Jesus into a box we think we can manage for him. We will stream it live on my Facebook Author Page, but if you want to be part of the conversation, you can get a link to the Zoom Room by emailing Wayne and asking for it.
- The next Wrestling with Trauma conversation will be Sunday, February 26 at 10:00 am. PST. Email Wayne if you'd like to join a small group to provide a place for people to explore their trauma or to find ways to help others they love deal with trauma.