"It was both liberating and terrifying to discover the truth," said one emailer to Wayne about escaping the distorted image of God brought on by her legalistic upbringing. Someone else described the abuse they suffered from their dad this way: "For my father, legalism is love." In reading through their email and considering a recent CDC study on anxiety and depression in teenage girls, Wayne and Kyle contemplate the journey through anxiety and despair or religious abuse into freedom in the love of Jesus. In doing so, they talk about mental fitness as a lifelong journey of confronting challenges and learning resilience in the midst of the world's chaos.
- The video recording of this podcast.
- Wayne's video series — The Jesus Lens
- The Crisis in American Girlhood in the Washington Post
- The Wisdom of Anxiety - the podcast Kyle and Wayne discuss
- Picked Cherries - a new way to share podcasts.